Want to learn how to row in Liverpool? Sign up for our Learn to Row course via the form below.
Mersey Rowing Club offers learn to row courses to anyone in the Liverpool, or wider Merseyside area. No matter your fitness level, our experienced coaches will teach you how to scull right in the heart of Liverpool.
About our Learn to Row courses
We’re based in Queen’s Dock on Liverpool’s historic waterfront.
We offer SIX week courses or intensive weekend courses. Fill in our form to speak to our Learn 2 Row coordinator to discuss which would suit you best.
We will teach you from scratch:
- The parts and names of a rowing boat
- How to erg properly (rowing machine!)
- How to get boats in and out of the boathouse
- How to scull (two oars)
- How to sweep (one oar)
At the end of your course, you’ll be able to join our development squads where you’ll receive more coaching and be encouraged to compete!
However, if you just want to have a little paddle, that’s ok too. You can join our recreational rowers and come down to the club as and when it suits.
Why you should learn to row in Liverpool
In case you’re not yet convinced to take a course with Mersey Rowing Club, here’s why you might want to learn to row:
- It’s social! We have men and women’s squads that go out 3 times a week with plenty of joint social
- It’s good for you! Rowing is a great sport to get fit and stay active
- It’s local! We’re based in the docks, prime real estate whether you live local or come after work
What you can expect to learn with our six-week syllabus
- The basics of rowing
- How to row in a crew
- How to row both sweep and scull